Posted by Brass Goggles 26th September 2010
Steamcon® [in Seattle, WA – Ed.] is expanding our convention’s vending opportunities this year with an Artists’ Alley, a place for Steampunk craftspersons to promote their current or upcoming wares. The wares must be hand-crafted, and Steampunk relevant– in layman’s terms, Victorian or steam age science fiction/fantasy. You know the drill.
We know that it can be difficult for smaller-scale artisans to afford or procure a full-blown vendor’s table at conventions, so this is a chance for the less mass-produced artists to get their work out there… And a chance for the rest of us to purchase any number of wonderful steampunk creations.
Artists’ Alley Rules and Regulations
1. All wares must be steampunk relevant. (Victorian or steam age science fiction)
2. One table per artist.
3. No crafting at the table that is messy, smelly or potentially harmful to the hotel. No glueing, welding, spraying, etc.
4. Steamcon will not provide electricity or wifi to the tables.
5. Steamcon does not provide security for the tables. All wares must be removed at night.
6. Steamcon will not provide storage of wares at night.
7. An artist table will cost $40.00 for the weekend. Artist must also have a membership to the con. Staff rate of $30 is available if they don’t yet have one. A second membership is available at the same rate. No more than two may be purchased per artist. Some artists might be panelists or staff and already have memberships.
8. Hours of operation are Friday – noon – 6:00, Saturday – 10:00- 6:00 and Sunday – 10:00 – 4:00. Artists may sit the tables longer than this but must be at their tables during this time, unless doing a panel.
9. Table size is 6′ x 30″.
If you wish to participate, please read and fill out the applicationHERE and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can. Space is limited and will be on a first come, first served basis. Once accepted, you will be contacted by email and then you can send in your payment.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to shoot me a note at email@example.com.
We hope to see you in November!
Steamcon® II Artists’ Alley head